At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we are a residential and commercial pest control company that will humanely and effectively remove the groundhogs from your property.
Groundhogs, also known as woodchucks, are ground-dwelling nuisance animals that wreak havoc on lawns and properties across the U.S. If you have groundhogs invading your property and have tried to get rid of them yourself, you know that it is nearly impossible.
Facts About Groundhogs
Most of us have seen Groundhog Day and are somewhat familiar with the fuzzy brown animal. But you’re likely not up to speed with all your groundhog facts! That’s ok; at Titan Pest & Wildlife, we are experts on all types of pests you may have in or around your home or property. If you suspect that you have groundhogs in your yard, call us today to schedule an appointment.
So what are groundhogs, and how can you identify them? Here are some facts about this fuzzy critter:
- They are also called woodchucks
- In the rodent family
- Belong to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots
- Grow between 17-24 inches long
- Weigh around 13 lbs.
- Long tails that grow around 7-10 inches
- Sharp claws to dig impressive burrows in the ground
- Look like little bears when they stand on their hind legs
Groundhogs on Your Property
So what’s wrong with having groundhogs in your yard or property? Well, they are voracious eaters and can wipe out your vegetable garden in minutes. They can climb, swim, burrow, and eat about a pound to a pound and a half of vegetation every day. Between the spring and fall, they double their body weight.
They hibernate in the winter. Soon after they emerge from their hibernation, they breed and give birth in mid-spring. Then they actively begin looking for food, such as flowers, vegetables, soybeans, clover, seedlings – basically whatever vegetation they can find.
When they burrow, they leave behind excavated dirt and holes that can be unsafe for humans, farm animals, and equipment. Groundhogs also gnaw on wood to sharpen their teeth, which leads to shrub damage. Since woodchucks gorge themselves during summer and fall to reserve fat for hibernation, infested gardens may encounter devastating losses. In addition, groundhogs can carry diseases such as rabies and tularemia and serve as hosts to mites, botflies, ticks, lice, and fleas.
Call a professional groundhog control and removal company if you notice groundhogs in your yard or property. At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we specialize in commercial and residential pest control and removal. We have the tools and resources to provide groundhog removal services no matter the size of your property or the extent of the invasion.
As a full-service wildlife removal company, we will inspect your home or property for any signs of a groundhog infestation. Once we safely remove them, we will ensure they stay gone for good.
Integrated Pest Management System
Pest control is essential whether you want to protect your home or business. By utilizing an integrated pest management program, we ensure that we eliminate your current pests and prevent future outbreaks. These methods include:
- Planning – We conduct a thorough inspection of your home or business and consider any factors contributing to current or future pest issues. Following this, we will create a customized treatment program specifically designed for your situation.
- Initial pest control service – Our initial visit will focus on targeting and eliminating any current pest problems you have. We will ensure that any future issues are a matter of pest prevention.
- Regularly scheduled service – At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we provide preventative maintenance programs to ensure that your home or business is and remains completely pest-free.
Contact Titan Pest & Wildlife Solutions
At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we make it our business to protect your home or business. Our residential and commercial pest control solutions provide a thorough pest management process designed to eliminate the pest problems you have now and, more importantly, prevent future infestations from happening.