We provide practical strategies to handle and prevent common summer pests, allowing you to enjoy the season to the fullest.
Summer is a season of warmth, relaxation, and outdoor activities. However, it also brings forth an array of pests that can disrupt your peace and enjoyment. Mosquitoes buzzing, itchy fleas, and persistent flies can quickly become a nuisance.
Fortunately, Titan Pest & Wildlife is here to help you reclaim your space and make the most of the season. We provide practical strategies to handle and prevent common summer pests, allowing you to enjoy the season to the fullest.
How to Handle These Summer Pests
If you’re experiencing any of these pest issues, Titan Pest & Wildlife can help. We thoroughly inspect your property to identify problem areas, potential entry points, and nesting sites. This enables us to create a targeted strategy tailored to your pest issues. Here are some of the best ways to handle summer pests.
Eliminating fleas can be challenging. Following these tips, combined with our preventative pest control services, is an effective way to keep your pets flea-free:
- Treat Your Pets: There are various options, including topical treatments, oral medications, flea collars, and shampoos. Consult your veterinarian to choose the most suitable treatment for your pets.
- Wash bedding and linens: Wash your pet’s bedding, linens, and any removable covers in hot water. This will help kill fleas, larvae, and eggs. Use the highest temperature setting that the fabric can tolerate.
- Be persistent: Flea control requires persistence. Eggs can hatch weeks or even months after an initial infestation, so continue your efforts until you’re sure the fleas are completely gone.
Mosquitoes and flies are notorious for their annoying buzzing and itchy bites. To handle them:
- Remove standing water: Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water. Regularly empty containers, clean gutters, and fix leaks to eliminate breeding sites.
- Contain all garbage: Flies are attracted to decaying organic material. Be sure to properly contain all trash and take it out to be collected regularly.
- Keep doors closed: Minimize their entry by keeping doors closed, especially during dawn and dusk when they are most active.
Wasps and bees can be a concern for those with allergies. Safely manage them with these tips:
- Seal openings: Check for holes in walls and eaves, and seal them to prevent nesting.
- Remove food sources: Clean outdoor eating areas and cover food to discourage wasps and bees.
- Plant strategically: Certain plants like mint, eucalyptus, and marigolds are known to repel these insects.
- Consult professionals: If you have a large nest on your property, contact Titan Pest & Wildlife to safely and effectively handle the issue.
Ticks can carry diseases, making their prevention crucial, especially if you’re spending time outdoors:
- Use tick repellents: Apply tick repellents containing DEET to exposed skin and treat clothing with permethrin.
- Perform regular checks: Inspect your body and clothing for ticks after outdoor activities. Pay special attention to hidden areas.
- Maintain your yard: Keep grass trimmed, remove leaf litter, and create a barrier between your lawn and wooded areas.
Contact Titan Pest & Wildlife
You can take many preventative steps to protect your family and pets from summer pests. However, when these methods aren’t enough, contact Titan Pest & Wildlife. We offer residential pest control solutions to meet your schedule and budget. When you call, we will review your options and tailor our pest management program to fit your specific requirements and preferences.