Do you hear strange scratching noises behind your ceilings or walls? Have you found significant holes in your drywall? These may be signs of a rodent infestation.
At Titan Pest & Wildlife, rodent control is one of our specialties, and we are here to help!
Rats and mice are much more than a nuisance and can cause extensive property damage and spread disease. You will likely learn of their presence when you see rodent droppings near a shredded paper or food source. If you think you can remove them with rat poisons or traps, you may be mistaken.
To permanently remove rodents from your home, you will need to prevent their access by sealing all entry points. It is also vital to eliminate all attractions such as water and food. When you hire our rodent control experts, we get to the root of your rodent problem, seal all entry points, and take preventative measures to avoid future infestations.
Types of Rodents
Rodents are some of the most common types of pests that homeowners and business owners in St. Louis & Kansas City encounter. They get into walls, attics, basements, sheds, garages, and any other areas they can find food, water, and shelter. When they infest such sites, they often cause damage. They can also carry different types of diseases that can pose a health risk to humans.
Some of the most common rodents you are likely to encounter in your St. Louis & Kansas City home or business include:
- House Mice – Probably the most common, house mice are small animals ranging from 2.5 to 4 inches – nose to tail. They range in colors from light gray, to dark gray, to brown. They have small eyes, short, broad feet, and a pointed muzzle.
- Deer Mice – They got their name because they are typically colored very similar to deer. They can get slightly larger than a house mouse, reaching up to 5 inches – tail to nose. They have more prominent ears and eyes than house mice too. Deer mice are carriers of Hantavirus.
- Norway Rats – This is the most common type of rat in Missouri. They are much bigger than mice, ranging between 7 to 10 inches, plus a tail of 6 to 8 inches. They are generally brown with a white or gray underbelly. Rats are known to carry several different diseases.
Facts About Rodents
Rats and mice are highly destructive animals, capable of causing a lot of damage everywhere they inhabit. Unfortunately, they like to live near humans and can do so often without being detected. You may find them in places such as your basement, garage, or attic.
Rodents are scavengers who feed on fruit, grasses, plants, and seeds. However, they are also opportunists and will eat pet food and anything humans eat, especially when it’s easy to get.
You will find rodents just about everywhere – homes, supermarkets, warehouses, food processing facilities, farm fields, and restaurants. They can damage structures by their gnawing and burrowing activity. Rodents can gnaw through various materials such as concrete, aluminum siding, even a cinder block to reach a location.
Rodents are a Health Risk to Humans
Rodents are also known to cause serious illness. However, the threat is not as critical today, thanks to increased sanitation and effective rodent control programs. The house mouse is the most common health threat due to the allergens it spreads, causing allergic rhinitis and asthma. This mouse may carry a protein in its blood that can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible people.
Some of the most common diseases mice and rats carry include:
- Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
Rodent Removal in St. Louis & Kansas City
If you have a rodent infestation in or around your home or property, call Titan Pest & Wildlife today. Rodent populations multiply quickly, so time is of the essence. It is essential to target rodents when their population is small before it turns into a full-blown infestation. We have an effective and successful rodent control strategy that involves proper sanitation measures, exclusion, and population reduction utilizing trapping.
Area Clean Up Services
After we have effectively removed the rodents from your attic, garage, or other space, you will need the area thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Rodents can leave behind a lot of waste, which causes significant contamination and is a health risk. The main concern is that they’ve left behind large amounts of feces with the risk of transmitting Salmonella or leptospirosis.
Integrated Pest Management System
Pest control is essential whether you want to protect your home or business. By utilizing an integrated pest management program, we ensure that we eliminate your current pests and prevent future outbreaks. These methods include:
- Planning – We conduct a thorough inspection of your home and consider any factors contributing to current or future pest issues. Following this, we will create a customized treatment program specifically designed for your situation.
- Initial pest control service – Our initial visit will focus on targeting and eliminating any current pest problems you have. We will ensure that any future issues are a matter of pest prevention.
- Regularly scheduled service – At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we provide preventative maintenance programs to ensure that your business is and remains completely pest-free.
Contact Titan Pest & Wildlife
At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we make it our business to protect your home. Our residential pest control solutions provide a thorough pest management process designed to eliminate the bug problems you have now and, more importantly, prevent future infestations from happening.