What does attic restoration involve, and why should you have it done by a professional attic cleaning company?
One of the biggest problems with pest and wildlife infestations is the waste and damage left behind. If you have had pests in your attic, attic restoration is an essential part of a complete pest control solution. But what does attic restoration involve, and why should you have it done by a professional attic cleaning company?
At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we are a full-service pest control company. We not only remove any pests or wild animals living in your attic or crawlspace, but we will also clean up the filth they left and any damage they caused.
What is Attic Restoration?
Simply put, attic restoration means restoring your attic to the good, clean condition it was in before wildlife invaded it and made a mess of things. Pests such as raccoons, rats, and opossums wreak havoc in areas they inhabit. They often cause the following problems:
- Feces and urine in the insulation
- Leftover nesting and food debris in the attic
- Odor problems inside the home
- Mold and bacteria growth
- Parasites, roundworms, and other pathogens
- Pheromone scent that will attract more wildlife
Complete attic cleaning, decontaminating, and restoration are essential to eliminating these problems.
Why Choose a Professional Attic Cleaning Company
After the pests are removed from your attic, it is essential to have them cleaned and restored by a professional attic restoration company. When pests get into your attic, they don’t just cause damage by chewing on your insulation, wood, and roofing materials. The feces they leave behind contain harmful bacteria that can lead to respiratory issues, allergic reactions, and other health issues for those living in the home. Rodent feces can lead to 4 different types of diseases, including:
- Hantavirus – This potentially life-threatening disease is transmitted to people through mice, rats, and other rodents. Humans can become infected with this virus by inhaling rodent feces, urine, and saliva.
- Salmonellosis – Salmonella spreads through rodent feces when it comes into contact with water or food sources.
- Rat-Bite-Fever – Humans can become infected with this disease by consuming contaminated food from the infected rodents.
- Bubonic Plague – The bite of the rodent itself typically transmits this disease. In other cases, it can be transmitted by a flea feeding off the blood of a rodent that is infected.
It is easy to see how a rodent outbreak in your attic could quickly become a health hazard to you and your family. Therefore, it is essential to have a contaminated attic cleaned by a professional attic cleaning company.
Attic Cleaning Services in St. Louis & Kansas City
At Titan Pest & Wildlife Solutions, we will remove all contaminated and damaged insulation or other affected materials. Then, we will use the right products to sanitize your attic space. Attic cleaning after a rodent outbreak is crucial for healthier air quality and the environment. This service will be performed after our rodent control experts trap all pests and seal any possible entry points in the roof and attic.