Are you seeing raised ridges that intersect throughout your yard, patches of dead grass following a distinct path, or raised piles of soil? These are indications that you have moles living in your yard.
Moles are small furry mammals that spend most of their lives underground searching for food. You’ll know if they’ve invaded your lawn or garden immediately. They tunnel through the ground, leaving mounds of soil as they go.
Most people think they’re harmless. But when it comes to your lawn and garden, they can cause severe damage. While you may be tempted to ignore the presence of moles in your yard, doing so can lead to problems.
Don’t Ignore Moles in Your Yard
Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t ignore the presence of moles in your yard:
- Moles can damage your lawn: Moles are burrowing animals, creating tunnels and mounds in your yard. These mounds can be unsightly and damage the roots of your grass, resulting in dead patches in your lawn.
- Moles can damage your garden: In addition to damaging your lawn, moles can also damage your garden. They can uproot plants and disturb the soil, which can affect the growth and health of your plants.
- Moles attract other pests: Moles can attract different pests, such as voles and shrews, which can cause even more damage to your lawn and garden.
- Moles can be a sign of a more significant problem: If you have moles in your yard, it may be a sign of a more significant problem, such as an insect infestation or a soil issue. Ignoring the presence of moles can allow the underlying problem to continue, resulting in even more damage to your yard.
- Moles can spread disease: While moles are not a significant health threat, they can spread disease through feces. This can be a concern if your children or pets play in your yard.
Hiring professional pest control services is the best way to get rid of moles. They can help identify the underlying problem and take steps to remove the moles from your yard. Ignoring the presence of moles in your yard can have serious consequences. If you have moles in your yard, it’s essential to take action to prevent further damage to your lawn and garden. Contacting a professional pest control service can help you identify the underlying problem and take steps to remove moles from your yard.
At Titan Pest & Wildlife, we specialize in mole control and removal. We have the tools and resources to provide mole control services, regardless of the size of your property or the extent of the invasion.